Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sungai Congkak weekend and meeting up with old friends

There are many things I wanna blog about like 2 weekends ago I went 2 Sungai Congkak wit my family, last week Ken + I fixed his door knob and had lunch wit his mom + sis, about meeting up with some old friends (1st: Christine Low, Esther Thong and Eve Lee and 2nd: Katherine Wong with Amanda Wong), chatted for many hours, catching up about each others life. Alright, I'll jz try my best to blog about it but not in details.

On a Saturday nite, Bee Ling n Hoong smsed me saying tomorrow let's go Sungai Congkak and since Ken is not free to entertain accompany me coz he got some photo shooting so I agreed lor. Sunday morning, coincidentally there's some charity fair nearby. We wanted to have our breakfast there but it was too crowded so we had our breakfast on our way to Sungai Congkak.

Upon reaching, we changed into our play clothes. The water is really cold but refreshing. As usual, Daniel and I start to splash each other and got Hoong and Cecillia wet as well. Mom was busying spying and catching prawns and fishes. Amazingly she got about 20 of small lobsters. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera. All Sungai Congkak pixs are courtesy from KC's Iphone, which I steal from her Facebook. Then Bee Ling and Cecilia build a small pond and released mom's lobsters there. Initially mom wanted to bring those lobsters home for her aquarium geh but they seems like dying so we decided to release them back to nature.



 
 


After many rounds of water splashing, rests and food (snacks, burgers, etc) we changed into dry clothes, packed and leaves. On the way out, we stopped by the durian stalls to eat some durians and bought some mangoes.



Then there was one Friday, Christine Low, Esther Thong, Eve Lee and myself meet up at Snow Beer. These gals are my childhood friend but they moved out from the neighbourhood, whereas the poor loyal me still stays here :P
After so many years didn't meet up, chat or keep contact, we catched up with each other. Christine was married 3 years ago and was blessed with a cute bb gal, Elin early this year. Esther registered and are planning her wedding while Eve just got married. Aww, they all are so blessed and happy and I do envy them and start to day dream of my own happiness. We chated about Christine's marriage and pregnancies, listenning to her in laws' stories, Esther's every weekend getaway to her husband to be's house and Eve's wedding day's stories and my work, hiking, bfs etc.

Christine + Eve + Esther+ prawn as usual with peace

Another meeting the old friend worth mention is Katherine Wong with Amanda. I met Amanda once in awhile for yumcha, breakfast @ MCd so she's ok but it has been sometime since I last meet Kath, few months back. But then, Jason (Kath's husband) and Vicky (Kath's dotter) was there and we didn't get to have any gals chat like we used to. So, last nite with Amanda's warning, Kath come out alone to meet us, very brave of her :P.

We chatted about lotsa silly gal's stuff, previous stories which knot be revealed here and laff till d whole MOMO cafe's almost kick us out, of coz they won't. They are very kind and tolerate with our high pitched voice chatting and laffs.

Catching up with old friends like this are very precious moments, which I truly appreciate. I used to be very friendly and have no problem making new friends. But as I got older, seems like I can't find any new topic to talk to new people but I am more comfortable with old friends, connecting and laffing at our silly pasts. Now next I should target my secondary skool buddies aka Carine Low, Catherine Lai, Chris Lim, Lau Kam, Hing and etc.

Let's not forget, recently Irvine Loo Chen Faun (Foon) and I keep in touch and we wanted to arrange for a meet up as well. Perhaps between Foon, Hing, Racheal Loo, May and me.

But 2nd week of July (another 2 weeks) I'll be at Bangkok, missing Sook Kien's wedding. Congratulations in advance!!! Let see when I could date my secondary skool buddies and old time college friends (Foon and Hing).

Oh, tomorrow I'll be invading Broga Hill 2nd time. I'll try to blog about Broga b4 next weekend or Bangkok trip.

No comments: